03 基本工作(3 / 4)
苏珊:嗨,彼得。我能打扰你几分钟吗?
peter: of urse what can i help you?
彼得:当然可以。我能帮你什么?
san: i jt drew up a bess letter to our ctors can you give tips please? are the for and ntents rrect?
苏珊:我刚刚起草了一份给客户的信件。你能给我指点一下吗?信件的格式和内容正确吗?
peter: bess letters are ually foral and the ntents t be ncise keep your ssa short, becae no one likes long letter well, not bad on the whole for crity, you should put a plete le space beeen each paragraph
彼得:商业信件通常是注重格式的,内容要简洁。信件要简短,因为没有人喜欢读冗长的信函。嗯,整体上不错。为了条理清晰,在两端之间要空一行。
san: oh, i fot it thank you
苏珊:哦,我忘记了。谢谢你。
peter: you&039;re wele can you ake sure your spellg and graar are rrect?
彼得:不客气。你确定所有的拼写和语法都正确吗?
san: yeah, i have gone over it ore than ice
苏珊:是的,我已经检查两遍以上了。
peter: aha, you are a nscientio worker
彼得:啊哈,你工作起来挺认真的。
san: thank you this is what i ought to do
苏珊:谢谢你的夸奖。这是我分内的事。
notes
1 draft [drɑ:ft] n 草稿;汇票;征兵;v 起草;征募
2 rrespondence [?k?ri&039;sp?nd?ns] n 信件;通信(联系);符合,一致
3 draw up 起草,拟订;(使)停住
4 respond [ri&039;sp?nd] v 答复;(to)对……有反应,响应
5 ncise [k?n&039;sais] adj 简明的,简要的
6 on the whole 总体上
7 nscientio [?k?n?i&039;en??s] adj 认真的,勤勤恳恳的
小贴士
to send and receive letters
在翻译中,英语和中文的语序恰恰相反,我们说收发信件就不能译为“to receive and send letters”,而是“to send and receive letters”。类似的还有:oner or ter 迟早;no atter rich or poor 不论贫富;not worry about food or clothg 衣食无忧;care little about one&039;s life or death 不管死活等等。
办公软件熟练吗
dialogue
the rest roo, ann and julia are talkg about the nvenience and practicability of office far
在员工休息室,安和朱莉亚正在讨论办公软件的便捷和实用性。
ann: office fare is very nvenient for it saves fro uch work and akes the unication at ho and abroad uch easier
安:办公软件给我们带来了很多方便。它让我们的工作更加轻松,让国内外的交流更加方便。
julia: yeah, though i a not expert g all the office fare, i do enjoy the nvenience
朱莉亚:是呀。尽管我对所有的办公软件不是很熟练,但我已经感觉到很方便了。
ann:
↑返回顶部↑